1. I am a small time poet and I attribute it all to ma friends - Ashwin G., Akthar and Vaisakh - with whom I co-wrote our first poem - The Solitary Eater, which was inspired by the poem - The Solitary Reaper. Although the latter is a melancholic poem, ours made fun of a fat boy in our class. But he took it in the right sense. And as they say... there was no turning back after that. ;) I've with me around 60 odd poems on a variety of topics.
2. I'd always wished for two things since ma school days into ma college years - to be a part of a sports team or play for a band. I must have tried out almost all the sports, starting from football in ISWK, to running the 5000, 10000, the marathon in MES to cricket in college! I also tried with the school band. But all I was able to be was be a part of the choir. In college the first two years, I stayed close to the college band, coz somebody i liked was in the band ;) But who would know ma luck, in the final year, I jokingly said that I would be more than willing to play the bass guitar since there was no one else to play it. We went on to win the B-Zone, the inter zone and now heading towards the south zone, got a program on A.I.R, played at more than five venues! Luck by chance? Thank ya God!
3. The craziest trip we ever had in school was the first trip we took out in our 11th grade. 8 friends, 4 bikes. 1 major accident, some pretty close shaves later - we learnt whatever we had to in that very first trip we had. Especially of the fact that we should atleast have some money at hand. Bee tee dblew - this was the first time in ma life that ma entire life ever flashed before me, while the bike threw me off in the air to do a double sommersault and land smack in the middle of the road! The only thing broken? My Casio watch - that too just its glass!
4. I love cooking! Some might think of it as being really girlish and all, but should i remind you of some of the best chefs in the world? All MALE! Anywho ma speciality lies in spaghetti with tomato sauce and meatballs, fried rice, "mutta mala" (literally translates into egg chain) (a speciality sweet of the malabar region of kerala) and payasam. What say people, care for some meal a day?
5. I hate people who lie. I mean I literally loathe them. There are so many instances when I know that people are lying, but they won’t even stop after that. So this to all you liars out there – stay clear of me, coz I wouldn’t like to be a friend of yours. And it hurts the most when friends lie! I have made it a point not to lie. You either say something truthfully or u quit! Not saying anything is also hiding a lie!
6. I just totally love ma friends and are glad that they are around. You mean so much to me. They are like the most awesomest thing that could ever happen to me. And the fact that all of them are in like a thousand directions around me, makes me proud of em.
7. There are umpteen number of best days in ma life. If I were to start writing them here, I don’t think I would cover them all. And in the end I might miss out on some of the most fanfabulous days.
8. I’ve hated college life, atleast till now – that is graduation and I am glad that I am leaving this place at the earliest. But I loved ma school life, that is atleast till the tenth standard. It was unbelievable.
9. One thing you have to know about me – I am very short tempered. I can go ballistic over the smallest of things and this has gotten me into trouble quite a few times. But I am working over it, and ma friends play a huge part into relaxing me down. Otherwise I am a quiet person.
10. I don’t think I’ve loved somebody like I last loved. And it will take me bloody some while to ever, if there is an ever to get over it. BLOODY HELL A LOT!
11. I burnt both my thighs and the adjoining areas when I was just five years old in Muscat. It happened when I accidentally pulled the vessel containing hot boiling water filled with vicks (used during colds, the old technique). It was night, and ma dad immediately took me to the bathroom, poured cold water, and pulled down ma shorts along with the skin coming with it. Fortunately, ma uncle who was a pharmacist had come down from Salalah and he had some medicine with him. It was applied and then I was taken to the hospital. I can remember that the next one month was a two way transportation between the hospital and home, with ma bandages being changed everyday.
12. I am an ardent fan of sitcoms. I must have watched FRIENDS like a gajillion times. Same is the case with scrubs, how I met your mother, the big bang theory and so many more. I can go on a marathon any given time of the year watching reruns after reruns of all these shows. Provided I am stacked with enough snacks and drinks to keep me on the couch.
13. If there is one place I would love to retire at, I think it would be right here in Calicut with a beachfront house and some peace and quiet. This place can literally translate into – retirees pradise. (no, there ain’t nothing hip happening out here)
14. I love movies and music. You can find me glued on to any kinda movies. You name the genre I will watch it – classic, world, thriller, action, romance, noire, musical, comedy etc etc. Ask me to name one favourite from each? You’d better take up the library details from ur nearest rent shop coz I got gajillions of ‘em. Ben hur, the sound of music, die hard, gladiator, bruce almighty, seven samurai, forrest gump, made of honor, the exorcist… the list would go on and on and on….
15. I am a very bossy person and I can really really really very badly hurt a person emotionally. But I guess I can also be the first one to go and apologize. But what use after hurting someone so badly, right? I shall do ma best to restrain myself from doing so in the future. But if I do too, I am really sorry coz that’s who I am. Deepest apologies.
16. I love going on road trips, especially on bikes. Especially if it is all out of the blue. My friend, Vaisakh calls me up one afternoon and asks me if I want to ride down with him to Bangalore. Voila, by evening we are on the road! And by midnight, in Bangalore. This happened quite often if u ask me. ;)
17. I’ve lived 13 years of ma life in Muscat, Oman. And the rest 8 in Calicut, India. I’ve juggled schools between ISWK, Hill Top and MES. Couldn’t do that with the college! Just one grand old lady I’ve studied at – MCC (a hundred year old college right in the heart of Calicut!)
18. I love gardening and keeping an aquarium. I guess I caught this habit from ma dad. He put me in charge of the tank with atleast five huge fishes in them since I was around 7 years old I guess. And ma dad always likes to have the money plant around, and loves to grow different kind of flowers. The former I haven’t been able to do properly, coz I really need a huge aquarium, kinda like the one that we had in Muscat, and the latter, I am working on at the moment. Greening day by day.
19. A close friend of mine told me that she would put up this at the same time that I did. But turns out waiting for her, I actually never finished mine, while she has already put up hers. I am seriously out of points out here people, so I had to put up some crap.
20. I just read in the newspaper recently about such kinda notes. They say that most of these notes are totally embarrassing to the ones who put it up. I guess truth can be a lil embarrassing. Wanna know some embarrassing stuff about me? I’ve had just one date in ma entire life (legitimate), i’m afraid of cockroaches, ma friends came home one day and pulled down ma pants when I had no undergarments inside. Ok u can’t get me more embarrassed than that! ;)
21. The worst day of ma life. When I spent one day at the police station. Not in lock up, but still in the Police Station!
22. I love blogging and half my time is spent in front of the computer. A day has 24 hours. You can find me online at least 12 hours of it. When I have practically nothing to do at all, I guess u can find me the entire day on it. Chatting. Networking. Socializing. Browsing. You name it. I am doing it.
23. I’ve made a lot of sacrifices.
24. Ma role model is ma dad. He is like superman to me. If there is an autobiography I would like to publish, it would be his. His life story is just plain amazing!
25. People who know me have always associated me with three words – Always Keep Smiling! That is the message that I would like to convey across to all of u too. No matter how hard times turn out to be, there is always a silver lining, so always keep smiling!
Well that’s that and that’s all.